Wednesday, September 17, 2008

An Apple a Day

Today we made apple-pie with small tart tins. I have had these tins (for years) that I bought at an estate sale. This is the first time I have used them! I love it. They are so cute. Maybe not filling but totally cute!





1/3 to 2/3 cup sugar

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Pinch of salt

8 medium sized apples (a medium apple = about 1 cup)

2 tablespoons margarine


Heat oven to 425 degrees.
Peel, core and slice the apples. Try to keep the size of the slices even.
Mix sugar, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt in large bowl.
Stir in apples.
Pour into pastry-lined pie plate.
Dot with margarine.
Cover with top crust leaf.

2 comments:

Rebecca Grinder said...

Yumm! Make sure Dave doesn't eat mine!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

What a sweet post! Love the photos of the chef, and I am going to copy this recipe to make. They look wonderfully yummy.
xo Lidy