Ethan had an eventful day. Let me share with you the details:
1. Woke up to Ethan's gibberish. Got up, changed his clothes, gave him his cup of milk, and let him play a while before Dave got home.
2. Dave came home and played a bit before Ethan all of a sudden decided he was tired again.
3. Laid down, thinking that I could get a little more sleep. Ten minutes later, Ethan decided he didn't want a nap.
4. Took a shower and quickly changed since Ethan was now crying... Sound familiar?
5. Fed Ethan breakfast and got ready for the trip to town.
6. Searched the next fifteen minutes for items that should be in the diaper bag that aren't. Found them in Dave's car.
7. Left for town and went to the Lovin' Oven! Got Joanne's birthday present which was several pieces of cake to choose from. The manager gave Ethan a shortbread cookie (which contains no egg) and Ethan kept saying "mmmm". When he was done with the cookie he stared down a man eating some yummy pastry looking thing.
8. We went across the street to the barber shop to say hi to Roxi. I just found out that she had a shop in town. She is a close friend's sister. She has never got to meet Ethan and I thought it would be the polite thing to do since she could of seen us walk across the street to the Lovin' Oven. Ethan was surprised to see everyone staring at him...
9. We picked up Spud (Ethan's favorite stuffed dog) out of the gutter, now wet and filthy. Wow! We almost lost him!
10. We drove into the post office parking lot. We couldn't drive by without seeing Uncle Ray. We went in the back to see the chicks that came in the mail. The chirping was so funny to hear in the mail room. Ethan kept signing dog. Hmmm... maybe he doesn't know what a dog is...
11. We went to Joanne's and had a blast! Jonathan kept following Ethan telling him "no." It was funny when Eric was doing dishes, Ethan grabbed a fork and ran! Jonathan ran after him, took it out of Ethan's hand, said "no", and ran and put it back. For a 18 month old he is pretty good at taking care of his friends. We had lunch and played some more.
12. The minute I began to drive Ethan fell asleep. I went to check out Josh and Becca's house next. I didn't get past the kitchen. There are a lot of people inside! Everyone is working hard on the staircase and other stuff that carpenters do... :) It's not my house... I have no clue what anyone else was doing... :)
13. When we got home Ethan and I laid down for a nap! Can you believe it? Me neither...
14. After nap, the medication wore off and Ethan was in pain from teething those molars. So... needless to say, it was not a pretty sight at dinner time.
15. Bedtime came quickly and now peace once again... sigh!
16. Ethan is now crying upstairs... Wow, the peace and quiet lasted all of ten minutes.