Monday, June 16, 2008

The Great Outdoors

Every once and a while I have the pleasure of watching my ex-neighbor's dogs. She moved two blocks away and then up a hill to over look the canyon. It has been exciting every time Ethan and I go (three times a day). Yesterday I saw a buck. I could of reached out my car and touched it. Today, I saw three does right in front of the car. We also saw a family of quail. The best part of the drive is the lupine flowers on the side of the road. It is Kincaid's Lupine, an endangered species in the Willamette Valley- at least I think it is...(http://www.co.benton.or.us/parks/hcp/documents/Kincaidslupine.pdf) It is the host plant for the Fender's Blue Butterfly and endangered species as well. Totally awesome... It was so cool to see something that I have only heard about in person. I called the US Fish and Wildlife Services. I will let you know when I find out more...





2 comments: