Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Monkey See, Monkey Do

I couldn't help it... it looked like fun. Plus, Dave needed some guy alone time playing video games without verbal interruption. Which happens a lot since I don't get to talk to an adult for several days.
Get To Know Me Better:
How Many Hours of Sleep you get per night on average? I am one of those blessed parents that has a child that sleeps through the night. So, I get 7-8 hours of sleep. It is so not enough...
What is Your Favorite Color? I think it is blue... I am not sure. I'm an artist. I love them all!
Have You Ever Swam in the ocean? I don't "swim." I failed Tadpole Swimming Class four years in a row... and let's just say I wasn't a preschooler at the time.
Coke or Pepsi? I normally drink Pepsi. But really, if it has caffeine I'd drink it.
What was the highlight of today? It's still early but I would have to say it was when Dave called and said that his next bid for work he would be going to day shift with Sunday and Monday off! No more graveyard! Yeah!
If you had a million dollars to spend at one store and one store only, where would you spend it? Probably Lowe's only because I know how much work our house needs! Plus I could do a lot of damage in the garden department. Does Lowe's sell women's clothing?
What's the stupidest thing you've ever done in front of people/in public? I would have to say it was when I worked at Target and sat down on a box that was empty. I fell straight inside with my feet and arms straight in the air. They had to push the box and pull me out - I was stuck... Or was it when I was pregnant and "front-heavy" and fell ON TOP of a three year old - at the Christmas Program with 500 people watching.... Or was it during Parent Open House when I told parents that they needed to make sure they put shorts under their girls' dresses because we want to "teach your child at a young age puberty." When I meant to say "modesty."
Do you follow your head or your heart? I am not sure... now that I am older I think more about what to do next...
What helps when you're down and need cheering up? Working out in the garden. It always makes the day brighter.
WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? "The Horse and His Boy" by C.S. Lewis. It's my second time to try and get through it. It has been a VERY LONG time since I read a book that didn't have 25 pages or less.
FAVORITE BOARD GAME? I don't really have one. I really love playing Gin... If I ever had anyone to play with.
FAVORITE MAGAZINE? Gardening Magazines. Perennials is my favorite. I love of course Creating Keepsakes and Somerset Studios.
WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? When I found out that my best friend was dying and would be gone within 24 hours.
FIRST THING YOU THINK OF IN THE MORNING? Can I get away with five more minutes?
HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? It depends. If I am upstairs I am lucky to reach the phone before it goes to the machine.
Are you a morning or evening person? Morning person. But realized that I need a shower to become so.
What was the first thing you noticed about your husband? His sense of humor (we met on the phone) and then his eyes when he smiled and laughed. They glow.
How do you vent anger? I walk away and try to cool off.
What was your favorite toy as a child? Huggsie from Hugabunch. I know... totally corny. But I took him everywhere.
When was the last time you cried? Last night when I was watching a movie. Pathetic, I know.
What is on the bottom of your closet? Baskets of clothes that I'll never fit into again...
What did you do last night? Watched movies with my husband.
What is your favorite day of the week? Right now it is Tuesday and Wednesday. Those are the days that Dave has off! It just means we can spend a little more time together.
WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN YOUR LIFE? My family.
DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? No. I am thinking ahead to the money I don't have to pay for a ticket.
WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? Nothing on my side. Now on Dave's side there's always clothes, sleeping mask, ear plugs every where, books, magazines, and sometimes the laptop that I trip over to turn on the side lamp that "has" to be on his side.
THE LAST CD YOU BOUGHT? Mary Rice Hopkins so that I could own the "Chicken Lips" song for school.
WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? 5-6 am but I won't get out of bed until 7am when Ethan gets up. Yes, I know.
WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN ITEM? I would have to say our new Stainless Steel pots and pans. I have never owned pans that have matching lids or well... matched themselves. It is great to cook pasta in a pot that isn't the size of a drinking glass.

2 comments:

Rebecca Grinder said...

Thanks for making me laugh! Hehe! It was good nobody was in the office when I read "What's the stupidest thing you've ever done in front of people/in public". Crack me up! lol

Jessica Gray said...

I love reading these surveys. On MySpace I do them ALL the time. There a fun quick way to learn some interesting facts about someone.