Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Way to Win Ethan's Heart

Yesterday was a great day! Ethan got to see Uncle Matt and Auntie Deb! They are here on a visit from Israel! Ethan hasn't seen them since he was born so when I told them that we were going to see them he just looked at me like, "Who?" Then I said we were going to see Uncle Josh and Sarah. His eyes lit up and he said, "Sarah!" OK... didn't know that he could say "Sarah" but now I do. Very well by the way because he said it all the way to Aumsville.

The first thing that Deb wanted to do is go to Walmart to buy Ethan a toy. She said, "The best way to win my nephew's heart is by spoiling him. Right?" Well... it worked. She bought him a football. :) She is his hero now.

Deb is fluent in ASL and I think Ethan realized, "Hey this girl can understand me and I can understand her..." So they talked and talked to each other and I think Deb was in amazement at how he understands so much. She signed letters and colors and was surprised that Ethan understood her. It was great to see the both of them getting along.

Ethan was so exhausted from the day that he went to bed at 5:30pm and woke up at 7:30am. Yikes! But when he woke up, he saw his football, picked it up, and signed "Auntie."

No comments: