Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Week in the Life: Sunday

 Dear family, I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to figure this new blogger thing out! I am still taking my blog design class and I am so happy with what I am learning. Although, it is seriously tough stuff! I am trying my best and slowly getting it. (Actually, two weeks is quite fast isn't it?)

One thing I am having a bit of trouble with is loading pictures in this new blogger draft. So, bare with me! I want to make sure I get caught up because this week is A Week in the Life. I have decided to follow Ali Edwards along by doing her capturing the everyday this week. Those might know that I follow along during her December Daily (capturing every day in December up to Christmas). I am capturing Sunday to Sunday, starting with this last Sunday, April 18th.


While I was getting ready in my room, I could hear Ethan singing while Dave made him some toast. I have no idea what he was singing, but this happens quite often. Sometimes I know the song and sometimes it is quite made up. Ethan then played with his cars on the kitchen table. Our neighbor gave him some of the cars that he played with as a child. Yeah, our neighbors are really nice! Normally we go to church on Sundays but this Sunday was spent getting ready to go to Grandma and Grandpa's for a birthday celebration!

(I am going to have to post all my text here since the photos aren't letting me adjust them...) We drove to Grandma and Grandpa's. We got to see the garden, Grandma mowing, and Ethan was able to ride the four wheeler for the first time! When Grandpa pulled it out of the shed, Ethan whispered, "Wooow!"

While we waited for the rest of the family to arrive it was really quiet in the backroom. I found Ethan surrounded with toys playing very happily. After everyone arrived, Grandma got the ice cream and cake out. Grandma and Grandpa have a special way of making their ice cream cones. With a spoon they push the hard ice cream into the bottom of the cone. They make sure it is packed tight. Then, they top the cone with some more. Grandpa likes to put his ice cream in the microwave for ten seconds because it make the entire cycle around the turning plate in the microwave. I guess this is what makes it "soft serve." The sugar kicked in about a minute later with Ethan laughing at everyone's jokes.

When it was time to open presents, Mom opened her new Shutterfly album that I had made for her. She liked it. For the rest of the afternoon everyone laughed and talked. The weather was so nice outside that Ethan had a great time exploring. I guess too much fun exploring. Mom and Dad just had their roof redone the week before. I asked what was in Ethan's mouth and I had to pull out a roofing nail from his mouth! AHHH! Just add that to the list of "Things-I-Have-Told-Ethan-To-Get-Out-Of-His-Mouth!" Last week it was, "Get your mouth off the handle of the toilet!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures Jen! Maybe you should also add corn as a sub catergory to your list of things Ethen needs to keep out of his mouth and nose. : )