So, Ali has got me again. New Year's resolutions have never really worked for me... I mean it might get me motivated and in the back of my mind I always know I am going to fail by February. But this year I have decided that I am going to do the word challenge. My word for 2009 is "new" - you can see my word in Ali's list. ;)
I am claiming Revelation 21:5-7 "And the one sitting on the throne said, 'Look, I am making everything new!' And then he said to me, 'Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true.' And he also said, 'It is finished! I am the Alpha and Omega - the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give freely from the springs of the water of life. All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children...'"
There are so many things that comes to mind when I think of the word "new" and this verse...
1. I like this definition: being other than the former or old
2. And this one: coming or occurring afresh; further; additional: new gains.
3. And this one: freshly; anew or afresh
4. When I think of this verse I think that my old life is finished and it is time to begin this new one.
5. I love the reference to the 'springs of the water of life' and the definition 'freshly; anew or afresh'
6. I want to become afresh this year spiritually.
7. To become the new person that God has always planned for me to be at this time in my life.
What is your word for the year? It can be anything - no rules. I would love to hear what you have decided.