Becca got me remembering our childhood toys. Mostly I was thinking, "Man, if I still had those -how much they would be worth!" So here's my list:
1. Strawberry Shortcake: http://www.strawberry-shortcake.net/CollectorsInfo/Vintage/First.htm But we weren't to play with them! They were only on "display" on a shelf in our room. Can you believe it? We had "collectibles" but without the benefits!
2. Huggabunch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYy3pMtk3Eo Oh dearie! So funny! I still have mine! We never watched the movie or anything. We just got one doll each for Christmas or some holiday.
3. Alvin and the Chipmunks: We watched them and also had a doll each. I had Alvin.
4. Barbie Dolls: We had 40 between the three of us. Only one Ken each. I guess that was the number one gift to get twins in the 80s. So can you imagine family members buying for holidays? We got at least 4-6 a year. :) It felt good to give the dolls to Deb and when she went to Mexico for a missions trip she took the dolls and gave them to children there.
5. Carebears: We only watched them for the first season. Then it became "magic-like" and we stopped watching the show. We still had a Carebear each. My mom even made us "Care-bear" clothes. The only thing is that we were in 6-7th grade wearing the home-made shirts and it wasn't so "cool" at that age. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNm5Hqow78I