Monday, November 10, 2008

Elsie Cake

Ok, I have been DYING to tell this story for a month already, but couldn't cause of Becca's birthday! Now I can!

So, if you look in my "favorite websites" on the left, you can click on Elsie Flannigan's blog. She is one of my favorite scrapbook artists. She now is an independent artist and works out of Springfield, MO! She has her own etsy shop and if you know anything about popular artists and etsy, is that you are lucky to see anything in their shop cause it sells out that fast. (Side note: could you imagine being an artist and making your mortgage and bills in one hour?!- yeah, that would be nice, huh?)

One day in September, Elsie posted new items in her shop and I was able to buy one item. It is was a small artist trading card with an original drawing. That is all I could afford! The store is a little pricey for my budget. I was so excited when the package came, cause she included a print that she had posted on her blog and so Becca would be able to recognize it. It was sooo cute!

Anyway, a few weeks later, Elsie posted that she added some more things to her shop. Two days later, I get a package from her in the mail! I didn't order anything, but I received product! Then a couple of days after that, I get another package! It was hard to get a hold of her since she just moved, but she finally emailed me. We have no idea how it happened but she wrote me this:

Hi Jen, I am not sure what happened with this, but you can just keep them (or give them to a friend if you don't want them :))Thank you so much for letting me know. Enjoy. els

Yippee! We figured out that it was over $70 of product. What a great birthday present for the both of us! I let Elsie know that it was my birthday and that it was a wonderful gift. (I will post pictures tomorrow)

1 comment:

Tammy said...

How cool is that!! Score for you!