Monday, September 1, 2008

Anne-athon

When I got home from the "Anne-athon" I couldn't sleep. I just kept on thinking that the last movie in the series seemed a total farce. So, I jumped out of bed, ran upstairs, and pulled out The Anne of Green Gables Treasury. My grandfather bought me this book for Christmas or my birthday one year and it means a lot to me since he is now at home with the Lord...

Anyway, I know I am a little late in watching the film because it was made in 2000. But, I looked it up and I was right! First of all Anne was born in 1866. She then married Gibert in 1891 (are you doing the math?). World War I began in 1914 (remember she's Canadian). So, when World War I ended Anne was 52 years old! Come on now... can we be a little realistic?!



4 comments:

Tammy said...

Youre so funny....the things that keep us up...thinking! I do that too.

Rebecca Grinder said...

Isn't that the most personal gift Grandpa ever bought you? :) I am glad you feel better now that you looked up the timeline?

Kate said...

LOL.....see they should have stopped with Anne of Avonlea! It would be like trying to do a Pride & Prejudice Part II. It just can't be done...and shouldn't!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, and what else? Now they can't ever do another one cause- can their kids be in WWII? Of course not! - Jen