Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Apple Week (new pictures added)

This week Ethan and I are having "Apple Week." We are doing several projects with apples and I will continue to post the final projects. This morning I woke up before the little guy and picked apples from our apple tree.



When he woke up he saw all the goodness in the sink and asked for a piece. I love his reaction!




I began washing the apples and he had to wash his piece too!

We did an experiment called "Smiley Apples" by cutting a face in the apple. I hung it by a string. We will watch the face shrink in the next few weeks. I love how he pointed out where the apple's eyes, mouth, and nose were.

He helped put the cut up apples in the crockpot to make applesauce.

He painted with half an apple to make an "apple star." We took the seeds from the apple to save for the next craft.


It's hard to believe that he made this by himself!

3 comments:

Rebecca Grinder said...

I miss you Ethan! I am sorry I wasn't over to play and carve faces into apples :) Sounds lots of fun!

Kate said...

Don't you love it when they want to do things on their own? :)

Tammy said...

How sweet. Those apples look soooo good. Please post your apple face when it's all wrinkly.