Monday, December 22, 2008

December Daily - Day 21 & 22

It is going to be hard when January comes along and I am not posting every day! When our Internet went out yesterday, I realized that I have become what Dave calls a "junkie." I think he is right.

Well, yesterday we woke up to find... nothing. Hardly any snow, clear roads, and rain. So, we were surprised when several of our family and friends called us to make sure we were careful going to church. It was a clear ride all the way. What we came to find out was that west of the church was ice and snow. Our teachers, worship leader, and other workers weren't able to get out of their driveways. So, one of the guitar players led worship, Ethan sat in service, and we all just had a good time of fellowship after service. There was only about thirty people in the service. As the evening went on, we had a couple of friends over for dinner and the weather started to get worse. It hasn't stopped snowing since. We now have over a foot of snow.

Dave and I talked about going into town today since there would be no way I could drive into town while Dave was at work. So, Dave found the chains and worked hard getting them on the car. Ethan loved the sound of the chains and had to drag them loudly across our tile floor. At the same time, Deb called and we had a small chat while the clanging continued. During Ethan's nap Dave and I went outside and played in the snow. It was great alone time that we really needed and it was so much fun! I made my first real snow woman that was taller than my knees. Afterwards, when I saw the pictures I remembered how talented my husband is. His photos are beautiful.

When Ethan woke up we drove into Stayton to get groceries and things I needed to finish my Christmas projects. It was such a mess and coming home was even worse. I am so glad we made it safely home.

Look at this sequence I did when Dave was throwing snowballs at the window...








Ethan dragging the chains around the house.




I love this picture. We haven't had one taken together in a long time!

3 comments:

Rebecca Grinder said...

Wow, I love the picture of you both too. So sweet and it looked like you both had some fun just the 2 of you for a change.

Kate said...

I love the last picture! That had better go in a frame....oh and the lips on the snowman are devine....I don't think I've seen red lips on a snowman (woman) before....

Patten Family said...

I agree with both Becca and Kati! The snow-woman is AWESOME! That picture of you and Dave is wonderful too! You both are very talented!!!