Wednesday, December 10, 2008

December Daily - Day 9

Last night I stayed up late working on a custom order and didn't get to bed until 12:30am. An hour and a half later it started. Yep, the first time Ethan has been that sick! Dave helped Ethan while I stripped the bed, gave baths, washed hair, load the washing machine, and so forth. This went on for three more times before dawn. Then, it was time to get up. "Hello day," is how Ethan welcomes the mornings. I wasn't ready to say "hello."

Dave took a sick day - I guess you can have up to three paid sick days to stay home with a sick child a year. Boy, did I need Dave's help. I got quite crabby by about 2pm. But Dave was in such a great mood that he decided to make bread in our new/old retro Kitchen Aide Stand Mixer that Dad got for us. Free of course! It worked great. But Dave used a recipe that made 4-6 loaves at once. I so wish I got a picture of the dough flowing and rising out and over the mixer. Man, I so wish I did...

I am ok with the fact that I didn't get any photos for my December Daily album today. I can use some of my home decoration photos for today and still feel good about not missing a day! It's ok to call today a "sick" day.

3 comments:

Patten Family said...

POOR GUY! Hope you and Dave don't catch it!

Jessica Gray said...

Poor Ethan. Hope he gets well soon! And yes the Patten Family is right, hope you don't get it either. I am so glad that David got to stay home. It can be over welming with a sick child. Good thing for three sick days a year. I wonder if the over flowing image in my head would match up with the picture that you would have caught on camera?! LOL... Hope Ethan gets well soon! Take care all of you. Love you guys!

Rebecca Grinder said...

ok... so wish I could have seen the dough spill out. I also see you didn't get to bed until after midnight THIS morning!